Tuesday 10 February 2009

Well Basil has been here over a week now and he is such a charactor that it seems as if he has always lived with us. He is so good off the lead and has had lots and lots of hill walks this week. The lovely snow has made it so nice to go out with both my boys...(Red and Basil).

To watch these two is a lesson on life. Basil is the young energetic, dashing here there and wanting to have attention and praise. So like us humans when we are in the teen years. He also gets this gleam in his eye and you know he is about to be a wee monkey..(Kevin the teenager comes to mind). Where as Red is slower more dignified. Happy to run around on his terms and allow Basil to join in but when he thinks it is too silly he just doesn't bother. He looks down his long nose at the wee rascal and seems to say "CHILL" and we Basil stops for a moment before bouncing off again saying "please please play? Go on Go on Play play!!!" Oh for the energy of the young he seems to think and then he looks from Basil to me and Rob and justs sighs... It is so so funny.

We have not always taken the camera much to my shame as the photo's would have been excellent on the loop around Glen Kin on Sunday morning. It was nice a crispy and sunny. We got home in time for the Scotland Rugby match and the snow then came down and down and we have got a lovely covering of snow...

On the knitting front well I have finished the socks for Lindsay just some plain socks made with Regia sock yarn bought ages ago. I have some left over so just trying to make a wee pair for Emily but will see if there is enough. Sock one done.

I am also making the smock a ruche scarf from one skein wonders in some wool ease in green heather which I got as a swap present. It is lovely and soft and nice to knit with. I took it along yesterday to the rural knitting group and found that as usual I couldn't follow a pattern while talking and I need to frog the last smock section back BAH Humbug!! I am about half way thro this project.

My thinking is that if I can get some things done when they are not needed I will be ahead of pressie making!!!

It is February 10th and for outlander forum members on Ravelry it is clan assignment day. I am in Clan beauchamp as before and I already have my new clan avitar a lovely dragonfly pendant. Not sure how to get the picture onto here so if you want to see it please feel free to go along and look in Ravelry.

Health and energy have been a bit hit and miss for months now and I am not sure what more I can do to help this but I am hoping that all this snow and frost will kill of some of the awful bugs which are about and that alone will help all of us who have lowered immune systems.

I was sent this video clip yesterday by a mountain biking friend and I must say it really made me remember it isn't what you can do or can't do but how you are with your self and others that really makes you happy. I am hoping I get this link on correctly so here's hoping.

http://www.clubtuki.tv/video/164/Get-Back-Up

hurrah it worked after a bit of messing around.

Bye for now, bye from Red and Bye from Basil the seatbelt chewing, tee-shirt chewing, stitches chewing itchy dog.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

So, a lurcher is a chewy dog, then? I've been thinking I wanted one, hmmm?

Loved your socks and the One Skein Wonder Scarf is beauteous.

tandemsandy said...

oh thanks Leslie, not all lurchers are just some like lots of dogs but would be happy to pass on any info about all greyhound and their lurcher mixes..