Tuesday 20 January 2009

ops its now 2009 and this is first blog!!

Well it is now 2009 and I have only just managed to get to the blog. It is not the writting that keeps me back but the sorting of the photo's so I can post them I am so slow at this stuff. Anyway here are some pics of the work I have done this month so far.


This is a wee wrap for new baby Thomas who came along a couple of weeks early and caught us all out. He is gorgeous and I am so looking forward to seeing him soon. This is knit from a pattern I got out of The Wheel and it is knit in one piece and is done in 3ply. I love it.
I also knitted a wee sleep sack and hats and mitts the hat and mitts are very wee but the sleepsack will last him for a long time..



what do you all think? I knitted this with double knit wool and also used the odd row of variegated yarn too. Not knowing it was Thomas and not a girl baby meant I went for something very neutral and then whipped up the wee blue wrap after he was born.





I have also managed to finish one Dragonfly pattern sock for my KAL with the outlander group. It caused amusment because it seems to have two heels!!! but feels ok on. I haven't frogged it yet because I decided to wait and see what I did wrong and see if I do it again so I can get help... anyway here is a couple of photo's


Well I have managed to loose the photo's so many times I am going to give up now...Hope this blog finds you all well and remember each minute is a new one!

3 comments:

Once A Sheep said...

Ah I love knitting baby things, so satisfying. Nice to see you back on the blog!

Angels & Sparkles said...

Another Dunoonite! I'm originally from there but am now living in Inverness. I love the baby clothes for Thomas, they're so cute! I like your dragonfly sock too and the colourway. It's an interesting pattern.
Best wishes,
Kelly.

blog-blethers said...

Welcome to the world, little Thomas. And what lovely knits to keep him cosy just now...

I love the colours in your sock. If it fits and feels comfy, forget the frogging;o)